An outstanding opportunity now exists for an experienced Financial Controller to join a Consolidated Group of growing companies based in South East Queensland.
The CPM Consolidated Group comprises of the following business units:
- CPM Advisory & Project Management: A project management consultancy delivering value across the entire project lifecycle to governments, asset owners and project owners in the infrastructure and building sectors.
- CPM Civil: A construction company specialising in infrastructure projects such as roads, drainage and bridges.
- 4 Hearts Brewing: An Ipswich based Hospitality business operating 4 Hearts Brewery, Pumpyard Bar, Dovetails Restaurant and Lord Lamington Function suite.
- 88 Limestone Property: The 88 Limestone Street precinct provides modern heritage grandeur of professional office suites, boutique retail outlets, cafés and restaurants.
Group Financial Controller
About the Role:
Reporting to the CEO, this is a new role joining our Leadership Team. The purpose of this “hands on” role is to review financial processes and manage the financial resources for the group of companies. The main goals of the role will be to assisting in driving the efficiency and performance of the group.
As an integral part of the Leadership Team, the Group Financial Controller will be passionate about living the company’s values – People First, Adaptability & Excellence, Collaboration and Positive Legacy.
About the Person:
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in Financial Management, tertiary qualifications of a Finance / Business degree and have CPA/CA qualifications.
In a pivotal role to this group, you must be a proactive self-starter and display exceptional organisational and problem solving skills. Managing a hectic workload in a professional manner is a necessity. You must be process driven and be able to work collaboratively with staff at all levels. You need a high level of emotional intelligence and be comfortable working in a supporting role.
Key Attributes for the Role:
- Exceptional analytical skills and financial acumen
- Able to develop reporting metrics and analyse and interpret data to drive performance and inform decision making
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Ability to strategically plan and influence
- High level of emotional intelligence and agility
- Leadership and mentoring skills
Areas of Responsibility:
- Performance leadership with a focus on cost management, promoting the use of metrics and scorecards, and to work to standardise data and systems to improve reporting across the group
- Proactively review data to highlight potential issues and raise with the Board, CEO and GM’s as required, monitoring and reporting outcomes of agreed improvements.
- To be a business partner supporting the CEO and liaising closely with operations General Managers to improve financial understanding and develop key metrics/KPIs for ongoing performance management and capital allocation decisions
- Be aware of the competitive industry for each business unit and contribute to strategic discussions for business growth
- Assist and provide financial analysis of identified growth opportunities, taking into consideration cost of capital, return on deployed capital, return on investment and similar metrics as appropriate
- Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business
- Developing financial reporting, reviews and analysing data to providing advice to the Board and CEO
- Reduce risk to company in terms of financial (including fraud) and IT security and IP
- Qualified CPA/Chartered Accountant with minimum 7 years experience
- High level Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong system development, including process workflows and implementation of procedures within a Finance function
- Capable of leading a team in a collaborative and coaching style
- Mentoring finance team members to improve their accounting experience and understanding.
- Ability to understand operational requirements and align with financial reporting
- Based in the Head Office, Ipswich Qld
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Health and Wellness programs including access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing on the job training and professional learning & development opportunities
- Staff parking facility
For more information about our group visit our websites: