Port of Brisbane Solar
Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd
December 2016 – December 2017
- Developed a system performance guarantee scheme which incentivised system reliability and performance in line with the requirements of the Power Purchasing Agreement.
- Project was developed to FID with a turnkey market solution offering ready for award and execution.
Port of Brisbane operates and maintains a large range of assets including wharves, vessel unloading facilities and surrounding infrastructure. In addition, Port of Brisbane has investigated the development of a utility-scale solar photovoltaic plant on land which is unsuitable for typical Port developments.
The project involved the concept development, feasibility assessment, and business case development support for 5 hectares of solar PV panels and associated infrastructure to connect to the electrical grid.
CPM was involved in the project from project definition through to final investment decision.
Key components of the works included:
- 3 megawatt utility-scale solar photovoltaic plant with solar array and substation
- Ground improvement works due to challenging geotechnical conditions
- Access roads, including Rail Crossing
- Associated utility works and tie in
The project included several additional challenges:
- Complex interfaces with a range of stakeholders including Queensland Rail and Energex
- Management of early investigation works
- Development of tender documentation for EPC+O&M and management of the market engagement process
- Management of other external consultants including geotech and other technical experts (hydraulics engineers, HV power systems and power purchasing).
CPM was engaged to manage and lead the scope development, contractor selection from tender through to award and subsequently ensure works were executed in accordance with the contract requirements.
CPM SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of works included:
- Managing and leading the technical development of the project scope.
- Risk identification and management of all risks including complex geotechnical, site access and system performance.
- Developing, preparing and managing contractor engagement and project strategies.
- Engage and lead multiple consultants, designers and constructors.
- Supported the business case development.
- Supporting PBPL in Contract Administration and Management of Contractor through development phase.